Just to be clear, I didn't mean that it'd be interesting to support the Java
APIs for building Portlets. What I meant was having a PHP API which would
allow that PHP component to be consumed by a Portal. I guess that means
supporting WSRP and not implementing the whole JSR-168 API.
I don't know the specs in detail but I know someone has done this already in
the past (some University in South America gave a talk about it). PHP will
do enough to expose itself in a standard's compliant way so that an
Enterprise portal can interact with it.

Andi