-- rolfneumann2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 27 September 2006, 11:15 AM -0700):
> Thanks for your help. I had a look in my apache error_log. I also activated
> E_ALL error verbosity. First PHP just could not find the class definition. I
> copied the definition Filter.php to the right directory. Now I don't get the
> resource not found anymore but I get a new errror.
>
> The apache error_log says:
>
> [Wed Sep 27 22:07:02 2006] [error] [client ...] PHP Fatal error:  Call to
> undefined function ctype_alnum() in /srv/www/htdocs/lib/Zend/Filter.php on
> line 127 ...
>
> This call to ctype_alnum is done by Zend_Filter::isAlnum so it now finds the
> class definition. It looks as if i don't have ctype support built in. The
> PHP online manual tells me that since version 4.3.0 this should be built in.
> I checked my version again, its 5.1.2 (not 5.1.6 as stated first). But still
> no ctype support.

Can you find out what OS your host is running? My money is on Gentoo, as
the gentoo PHP builds typically do a --disable-all and selectively add
only requested extensions during the build process -- ctype is thus not
in the install, even though it is enabled in a stock PHP source install.

If you cannot get your hosting provider to provide a PHP build with
ctype enabled, you may either need to get a different provider, or
extend Zend_Filter to utilize non-ctype functionality.

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/