Hi Natalie and thanks for the quick reply

Your solution is not pretty at all but doable. Your findings of
Zend_Search are very interesting of course since I'm trying to make that
work too. I'll go for the synonym solution but I just wonder what's the
effect on speed when there's thousands of entries having this special
encoding.

--
Teemu Valimaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>