Nick Lo wrote:

> Anyway, I finally narrowed it down...
>
> Before I was first extending Zend_Controller_Action with a general file
> something like:
>
> class IndexController extends Zend_Controller_Action
> {
>     public function __construct()
>     {
>         parent::__construct();
>         do general stuff like get common objects from the registry
>     }
> }
>
> ...then using that for more specific controller files...
>
> class ArticlesController extends IndexController
> {
>     public function __construct()
>     {
>         parent::__construct();
>         do articles specific stuff like get Zend_Db_Table stuff
>     }
> }

Nowadays, you should override Zend_Controller_Action::init() rather than
override the constructor. Zend_Controller_Action::__construct() calls
init() as the last thing it does.

Alternatively, you could override Zend_Controller_Action::preDispatch()
which gets called directly before each Action function.

Regards,

Rob...