Ps if anyone wants to see a practical demo of this framework in action, visit:

   http://www.chabotc.nl/generic/chat-prototype-first-public-demo/

and click 'Launch Web Chat Application', all the backend work is powered by the socket daemon framework.

I'm working on the submission, and Jurriƫn Stutterheim has been so incredibly kind already to give it a kick-start by fixing up most of the naming convention and class layout to Zend's standard, so i hope to have the initial proposal up later this week.

Thanks for the feedback so far,

   -- Chris Chabot

Shekar C Reddy wrote:
Very interesting! I should like to see this thingy in action. The framework is component-based with loose coupling so those that do not use this would not have any over-head if it is included as a speciality component in the framework (similar to HTTP Server in the incubator tools).