I had the same issue with the request object not being passed to the action
on first migration. Changing the constructor to init() fixed the issue.

class IndexController extends Zend_Controller_Action
{
        public function __construct()
        {...}

        public function viewAction()
        {
                $id = $this->_getParam('id');

change to:

class IndexController extends Zend_Controller_Action
{
        public function init()
        {...}

        public function viewAction()
        {
                $id = $this->_getParam('id');

As far as the noRouteAction. It should not be called since its been removed.
__call will handle this now.  Please supply your routing method (default,
rewriterouter) info to help diagnose your routing issue.