Sorry for the mistake from the last replay. I wanted to say "I think I will
create a list with all non-ascii latin characters,
together with some ascii (alpha-digit) patterns".

>'&' is used as a part of query syntax.
>But Analyzer is used after query recognition to process lexemes or
>phrases. So htmlentities() may be used.

I will try to replace with some alpha digit pattern;

>From the other side, it doesn't help with a problem, which we have for
 > full UTF-8 support.
>Index manipulation engine can work with UTF-8 characters, but we can't
>recognize, if it's alpha, digit or any other type of characters. Thus
>input text can't be tokenized correctly.
>It doesn't depend on a format (UTF-8, HTML encoded, URL encoded or so on).

>Current solution is based on iconv translation intelligence. It, in
>principle, should translate white spaces to ascii white space and
>letters to ascii letters.

In my case iconv failed to convert UTF letters to ascii letters. I think I will
create a list with all non-ascii latin characters,
together with some ascii patterns. This is the most elegant way to implement
this. After this I will call iconv() for the
replaced text. In this way I will help iconv intelligence. :)

http://mail.yahoo.com