I vote for the idea of the ability to set the no route controller/action.

I would also expect the original controller/action to still be set when the
noroute controller/action is called so you could properly log errors.

Lee

On 12/23/06, Willie Alberty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Dec 23, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Ralf Eggert wrote:

> I would like to suggest to amend Zend_Controller_RewriteRouter and add
> setNorouteController() and setNorouteAction() methods (we also will
> need
> the correspondiong get-methods as well). Per default the "noroute"
> Controller and Action will be set to null.

I like this idea, though I'm liable to go and hook them back to my
IndexController right away. As it stands, my IndexControllers are the
smallest controller classes in the entire application -- unless you
set up a router, the only action that will ever reach it is the
indexAction().

I like to think of my IndexController as both the central hub and the
controller of last-resort. It's the place where either the most
common navigation options (home page, log in, log out) or the
exceptions (page not found) land. What I really liked about the
noRouteAction() was that unlike __call(), it only ever landed in the
IndexController so its purpose and scope were already pretty clearly
defined.

--

Willie Alberty, Owner
Spenlen Media