To: <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 9:58 AM
Subject: [fw-general] RE: Late static binding for PHP 5

The quotation came from the summary minutes of the Paris Developer's
Meeting(?PDM you referred to). I presume that the Marcus, referred to in
conclusion 2. of the quotation, was Marcus Börger (SOMABO) who was going to
prepare an implementation suggestion.
I thought that I read in one of Sara Goleman's more recent summaries that
late static binding was still on the agenda for PHP 6. Can't find it at the
moment though.

Mike Lively in his August 24 2006 blog had the following note:
Late Static Binding
I haven't been able to touch this in what seems like ages and have
(unfortunately) completely missed the boat for PHP 5.2. But I am hoping to
take a look at the current patch, come up with some solid use cases and
tests, and submit the whole package to PHP Internals for review.

Andi Gutmans wrote:

What's the last you've heard of that? Is it the PDM summary?
I have not found a good way to implement this in PHP and am not quite sure
it will be in PHP 6.