Hi!

You can do this by defining your own route for example like this:

$router = new Zend_Controller_RewriteRouter();

$router->addRoute(
        'default',
new Zend_Controller_Router_Route(':action/:subnavi/', array ('controller' => 'YourDefaultController' , 'action' => 'YourDefaultAction', 'subnavi' => 'YourDefaultSubnavi'))
);

$front->setRouter($router);

// Instead this 2 lines should be just Zend_Controller_Front::run (PATH_YOUR_CONTROLLERS), but it's not working.... why?
$front->setControllerDirectory(PATH_YOUR_CONTROLLERS);
$front->dispatch();

Now, when you request this url http://www.example.org/mainnavi/ subnavi you will get:
controller = YourDefaultController
action = mainnavi
subnavi = subnavi

This approach is suitable only for very small sites...

For more information please read this:
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/ zend.controller.providedsubclasses.html#zend.controller.providedsubclass es.rewriterouter