It is no object any more, okay, but isnĀ“t it like iterating about an object by a foreach loop? Only public properties will be recorgnized. So after casting the object to an array you should only have the public properties because you do not need protected and private properties.

Is this normal behaviour ??
Was my prof at the university wrong with standard oop definitions ??

I think this behaviour is normal, because it isn't a object anymore. you cast it explicit to an array. it would be strange, if you wouldn't be able to access any element of an array.

Chris