I too have a need to send email that is not quoted printable.  Extending
Zend_Mail seems to be a hacky solution for something so simple.  I created
ZF-980 to track this issue.

Gregory Szorc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 2/13/07, Dillon Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In Zend_Mail the setBodyText() and setBodyHtml() functions both create a
protected Zend_Mime_Part object and automatically set the encoding to
Zend_Mime::ENCODING_QUOTEDPRINTABLE.  I have a situation where I would like
to send an email with the encoding Zend_Mime::ENCODING_7BIT, but there is
not an exposed way to edit that property.

Would the group in charge of Zend_Mail consider changing the function so
that the encoding could be passed in a third parameter, or is there a better
way to do it?

public function setBodyText($txt, $charset=null, $encoding=null)
{
   if ($charset === null) {
      $charset = $this->_charset;
   }
   if ($encoding === null) {
      $encoding = Zend_Mime::ENCODING_QUOTEDPRINTABLE;
   }
   $mp = new Zend_Mime_Part($txt);
   $mp->encoding = $encoding;
   $mp->type = Zend_Mime::TYPE_TEXT;
   $mp->disposition = Zend_Mime::DISPOSITION_INLINE;
   $mp->charset = $charset;

    $this->_bodyText = $mp;
    return $mp;
}