Based on the code, Zend_Mime is strictly limited to mail-related
functionality.  A quick grep also shows that it is only used in Zend_Mail
and Zend_Mail_Part.  Why is this a top-level component?

When I think of Zend_Mime, I think of Mime Magic functionality: parsing a
magic file to determine the content type of a file, like
'application/x-tar'.

This actually threw me off today, because I looked into Zend_Mime
expecting functionality like this.  PHP's mime_content_type() is
deprecated in favor of Fileinfo, but Fileinfo is a PECL extension--a
rather irritating one to install on Linux, incidentally.  Portability
would be easier with a native PHP magic.mime parser, but that can't happen
while Zend_Mime occupies its current place.

Thoughts?

-Matt