I think you respond related to the issues ZF-944, ZF-945, ZF-946, ZF-947.
I am not member of the devteam, so the decission itself was not done by me.

Thomas, I dont mean to stir the pot, but like alot of issues that start on the message board, I didn't know it got transfered to Jira for tracking and hence didn't track the issue and weigh in, partially b/c for me it seemed like a no brainer for cleanup.

I think Matt R. has made some great points on naming, which I too am a bit of a stickler on the namings, at the very least, at the entry point for individual components. My goal would be to have the most inherent namings for all the top level components (think of things that get their own section in the manual.

Related to your question...
Nouns do not translate good in every language, but I am only german native and do not know the english language very well.

Yeah, I am not aware of how other (spoken) languages handle things like this, but in english, a Translator is a very common thing.. It seems to me that if you start using the zend-framework, (and are looking to translate something), you would ask yourself: "does the zend framework have a language translator?"

Acl/Assert
Cache/Backend/Memcached
Controller/Response
Controller/Route/Rewrite
Gdata/ClientLogin
Gdata/CodeSearch
Http/Response
Locale
Log
Mail/Protocol/Smtp/Auth/Login
Measure
Measure/Cooking
Measure/Flow
Mime/Decode
Pdf/Cmap/ByteEncoding
Request
Validate
Validate/Between
Validate/GreaterThan
Validate/LessThan
View
Environment/View
Environment/Security/Test/Core/AllowUrlFopen
Environment/Security/Test/Core/AllowUriInclude
Environment/Security/Test/Core/DisplayErrors
Environment/Security/Test/Core/ExposePhp
Environment/Security/Test/Core/RegisterGlobals
Environment/Security/Test/Session/UseTransSid
Environment/View
Soap/AutoDiscover
Translate

Good list, but again, I stress my qualms are only at the top most levels of components, not necessarily with every class. The other thing I like to point out is (while english is not the most pragmatic of languages) alot of nouns double as verbs, like Measure.. also, things like Rewrite can be considered an adjective, describing the type of noun Route is...

In summary, I think ultimately the issues brought up in jira represent cases that could benefit the most from a name change to make the framework more inherent across the board, and easier to pick up by newbie zend frameworks.