Thanks Matthew

Extending the front controller will do the trick nicely.

Ditching the multiple directory support in favor of performance is also
not something I will complain about :-) The nice thing about ZF is that
it can easily be extended, so I'll take that route for this specific
project.

Thanks again,
Werner

Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
-- Werner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Thursday, 22 March 2007, 01:44 PM +0200):
I want to specify multiple controller directories that should all be searched for controllers. I want to do this without deploying any predefined modular directory structures - just multiple paths for controllers (whether modules will be used or not).

However, when specifying any additional directory path it seems like the first path is overwritten by the last specified path.

E.g, is it possible to make something like this work...?

$controller->throwExceptions(true)
               ->setRouter($router)
               ->setBaseUrl($baseUrl)
->setControllerDirectory('/my/first/path') // Default directory ->addControllerDirectory('/my/second/path') // Another directory ->addControllerDirectory('/my/third/path'); // Yet another directory

Any ideas, hint or tips on how to achieve this?

This functionality was ditched prior to 0.8.0 as it added too much
overhead, and won't be added again anytime soon. Basically, keeping
track of a stack of directories *per* *module*, and then having to
search each *set* of directories for a controller was very resource
intensive, for very little benefit.

If you need several directories of controllers all in the same
namespace, you might want to try using symlinks or consolidating.

Alternatively, you can implement your own dispatcher and front
controller -- you'd need to override the front controller's
add/setControllerDirectory() methods, and the dispatcher's
getControllerName() method.