Hi Matt,

> Form actions would just be URLs like any other in your application.  Say
> a user is at the application index, and logs in.  A form action of
> '/user/login' would send form results to UserController::loginAction().

that's right but probably wouldn't work here.

What I imagined about creating a portal project was:
Say we have a page called index (IndexController, index.tpl.php). On the
index page, we embed two 'portlets' called subscribeNewsletter
(SubscribeController, subscribe.tpl.php) which comes with a Javascript
button called 'subscribe' and login (LoginController, login.tpl.php) which
comes with a Javascript button 'login' into one cell of the table layout
each.

When someone now presses the subscribe button, we have to process
SubscribeController::subscribeAction() as the activity on the portlet but
also we need to stay on the index page, i.e.
IndexController::indexAction() should be processed as we don't change the
page but only invoked a particular portlet action.

What I'm aiming at is that I would like to be more flexible, e.g. adding
more portlets to a page (in this case, it could be a news portlet) or
removing them (removing the subscribe portlet).

What I'm worrying about is whether such behaviour could be implemented
using the routing classes and the framework in general.

Would you implement it like this or choose another approach?

regards,

Stephan