Hello Guillaume,

thats a simple solution....

somtimes i don´t see the forest, because of all the trees.

thanks.

Alex

Guillaume Millet schrieb:
Hi Alex,

If you're trying to validate data like your name using Zend_Validate_Alpha, you may want to try and set PHP's locale to German using setlocale() if it's not already done.

Regards,

Guillaume

Lx a écrit :

Simon R Jones schrieb:

Hi Alexander,

Some domain names have been set up to accept international characters, DE domains being one of them. More info on how to use it is on http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.validate.validating_hostnames.html

However, there have been reports of it not working reliably for some people. This is likely down to character encoding issues. This has been reported in ZF-1083 ( http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1083 ) and I'm looking into why this isn't working for some people. I had uploaded a test script to that page but the upload process messed up the character encoding so that doesn't work.

I plan to write up some tests and host them myself to help resolve this. I'll send you a link once I've done this.

best wishes,
Simon

Hi Simon,

thanks very much for the fast reply,

i actually searched for a solution to validate a string containing umlaute such as a name as mine "Jäger" ;)

But the example of the domains will help to find a solution to my umlaut problem.

Again thank you,

Alex

P.S. I really love your project, thanks for the effort to build such an perfect framework