-- Jeunejean Pierre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Thursday, 29 March 2007, 10:24 AM +0200):
> Thank you so much Philippe
>
> $controller->throwExceptions(true) did resolve the problem.
>
> So basically, when $controller->throwExceptions() is not set to true,
> only parse errors are showned,
> but  all  throwned exceptions are not displayed on page or logged, but
> trapped in a Response object,
> as mentioned in
> http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.controller.html#zend.controller.overview.response
>
> ---> ok I missed that one :-)
>
> So the first question is: Would be good to add this information in
> instalation or/and migration manual,
> so people starting or migrating to ZF have at least some errors
> available to them, that seems essential to me ?!

It's in the manual already:

    http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.controller.exceptions.html

and it's been there since 0.6.0. :-)

> My second question is $controller->throwExceptions(null so false) by
> default, is this a good default value !?

Yes. The idea is to force developers to *think* about what errors they
display on the site. Most exceptions provide a lot of sensitive system
information -- things like the names of classes (which would identify
what framework or components you use, which could reveal potential
security vectors), file locations, database queries, etc. By turning
this *off* by default, the developer needs to explicitly turn it *on*
when developing in order to expose those errors.

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/