i didn´t not find a way to file a bug, so I will try it this way.

http:\\framewor.zend.com\issues\browse\ZF

I tried using the issue tracker, either there is no way, or i am being plain stupid ;)

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Issue+Tracker+Etiquette
or file a CLA to Zend.

if you use Zend_Locals with 'en' as Locale and generate the countrylist by using
$locale->getTranslationList('country', $locale);
you end up having 'East Germany' in that list.

There is no Zend_Locals in the Framework.
I think you meant Zend_Locale ;-)

The data which is given by Zend_Locale is original from CLDR Version 1.4 which comes from unicode. http://www.unicode.com/cldr .So any data not being correct should be wrote to cldr as it is not allowed to change data and give it away to others.

Btw:
The data itself is of course not 100% correct. I am sure there are more failures in there. But it is the most complete dataset we have and it's used in many other frameworks and languages.

Best regards, herzliche Grüße,
Thomas
I18N Team Leader