There is also an excellent binary file parser in Zend_Pdf if you need to parse a binary file format.

Kevin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph Schindler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ivan Ruiz Gallego" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-general] Operating with file system: OO approach

Have you looked into the SPL?

http://www.php.net/~helly/php/ext/spl/

Specifically: DirectoryIterator, SPLFileInfo, SplFileObject

You might find some useful information and File/Directory patterns in there.

-ralph

Ivan Ruiz Gallego wrote:
Hello Matt,

Well. In first instance I am thinking about the basic file system related operations like: create, remove, rename, move, copy or find directories and files. Basically, what we can already do, but in an object-oriented manner. In addition to this, I have been also thinking about a something like a recycle bin.

Regards,
Ivan.

Matthew Ratzloff schrieb:
There has been some light discussion in this area.  Do you have any
suggestions for what a component like this should be capable of doing?

-Matt