I am also curious about this.  In order to separate logic in my actions I
forward when I have post data. My initial thinking was that redirect sends
and recieves some data from the client and as such forward would make more
sense. However after looking at the code I don't think that is the case.
Can anyone help me out by giving some clear examples on the intended uses of
forward and redirect?

Thanks,
-Joshua-