On 4/30/07, Cristian Bichis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I already posted some time - in various forums/list - ago this problems
raised by working on big sites (with complex views). And problems are
far more complicated, basically the entire Controller, Action, View side
of ZF is not designed for some "real" sites.

Well, what you're talking about is criticism and that's okay.  That's
the heart of open source.  It sounds to my uneducated ear that what
you're talking about is an architectural problem with an application
and not a problem with ZF.  Your solution sounds very custom and not
transferable across other applications.

I absolutely, 100% disagree with your assertion that an MVC framework
cannot work on a "real" site, whatever the hell that is.  The
application needs to work with the framework, not the other way
around.  If you are trying to shoehorn what you THINK is an MVC app is
supposed to be like with the way ZF is expecting things to be, well,
you'd better change your thinking.

Your idea of using zones is an interesting one, but why couldn't you
just have one controller per zone?  Am I missing something here or do
you really think your needs are so unique you can't use ZF?

--
Chris Hartjes

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard