Hi Davey,

You hit on a couple of issues here. First of all re: design and
implementation. This is exactly why we have a proposal process. It is an
opportunity for others in the community to provide valuable feedback
like you are doing and work with the proposal leads to figure out
whether it makes sense to tweak the proposals. Of course there will not
always be agreement but it's the right process and I believe overall the
results have been acceptable. Btw, make sure to also paste your comments
to the Wiki because that's where the discussion gets recorded for
reference.

Re: the direction of the "concrete" Web services. This has been one of
the big goals of framework from day 1. While I agree most of them (if
not all) can be done using other generic interfaces I believe there is a
lot of value in delivering them. This is not real bloat as you don't
have to load it and I am convinced we can generate a lot of interest
from third party vendors who would contribute such connectors (I've
already gotten a lot of interest in fact). I definitely plan on
continuing to pursue this and I don't think it will significantly lessen
the value of generic interfaces.

Andi