-- pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Friday, 08 June 2007, 08:05 PM -0500):
> There were several questions about the new viewRenderer, but I'm not sure if
> they were answered.
>

>  1. Did Kevin McArthur finish his Layout style renderer to allow nested
>     templates?

There's a proposal on the wiki authored by Ralph Schindler. However,
this, or any other component like it, will not be shipped by 1.0.0.

>  2. Will the viewRenderer be turned off by default.

No. However, I will be modifying slightly the point at which it is first
instantiated to prevent loading it if a developer does not want it.

>  3. Will the viewRenderer have a render_to_string() function?.

Possibly. You can already do this to a degree by rendering from the
ViewRenderer's view object; the difference is you have to supply the
view script:

    $content = $this->_helper->viewRenderer->view->render($script);

You can also alway render to a named segment in the response and
retrieve it:

    $this->render('form', 'loginForm');
    $form = $this->getResponse()->getBody('loginForm');

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/