We have had a few similar feature requests for Zend_Db_Table
http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-553
http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1182

In general, I have declined those feature requests.  Zend_Db_Table
implements a specific pattern called Table Data Gateway, which does not
include support for all the SQL query clauses like WHERE, GROUP BY,
ORDER, etc.

If you need the flexibility of SQL, then you should probably use a SQL
query.

Regards,
Bill Karwin