-- agatone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 12 June 2007, 02:28 PM -0700):
> Somehow I don't understand the logic why would you auto-init VIEW for
> complete project. Why such change?
> What if I have only controller that handles request and redirects and I
> don't need VIEW. Sure you could easly say TURN IT OFF, but what's the point
> of TURNING ON things not knowing if people will need them at that point...

Not using a view is not standard usage. It makes more sense to have
something on by default if it's used in the major use cases and have the
ability to turn it off for those use cases where it's not used, plain
and simple.

Zend_Controller is part of the *MVC* layer; most people I've talked to
in the past six months have been wondering why there *hasn't* been
better view integration. ;-)

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/