On Wednesday 27 June 2007 18:38:07 Darby Felton wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> It's already filed as:
>
> http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1641
>
> We can post further comments and results there for further investigation.
>
> Best regards,
> Darby

Hiya,

I can't post to JIRA at the moment so this will have to do in the meantime.

From testing on my platforms ( openSUSE/SUSE-OSS 10.0, 10.1, 10.2 ), I have
the following results:

Up to ( but not including ) apache2-mod_php5-5.2.0-10.rpm testing against the
PCRE expression in current Zend_Filter_Alnum passes.

From mod_php5 version that ships with openSUSE 10.2 ( 5.2.0-10 ) to the
current available in the openSUSE build service, ( 5.2.3-29.1 ), testing
against the pattern fails.

On openSUSE mod_php5-5.2.0-10 and greater is built against the system PCRE
library and not the PHP bundled one, on opensuse 10.2 this is pcre-6.7-21.
While  patterns with UTF-8 options match against this system library outside
of PHP; they do not, for whatever reason match when used inside of PHP.

Workaround, on openSUSE 10.2 an upgrade of the system PCRE to the latest
available from the openSUSE build service ( pcre-7.1-16 ) will allow pattern
matching inside of PHP to function as expected.

Cheers
Graham