[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

I'm not currently using Zend Framework although I'm observing it's evolution waiting for the final release and studying its applicability into my projects.

One thing that poped into my mind lately is how I should deal with paths within Zend Framework. Is there any built in solution for this? For this I mean a way to reference the application base directory and define other key directories to be used in the code instead of writing the path everytime.

I'm used to create constants to define paths. What about Zend Framework? What about modules that have they own javascript and css files for instance? How should I organize them?

Thank you,
Luiz

I think you should take a look at the Zend_Config component. It would definitely serve your needs.

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.config.html

Cheers

Shaun