-- PotatoBob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Saturday, 30 June 2007, 01:03 AM -0700):
> Matthew, as far as I can see, Zend_Cache defines what backends you can load,
> so writing our own backend at the moment doesn't seem possible without
> editing the Zend_Cache factory to include our class.

You could *extend* the Zend_Cache class to add new backends, instead of
editing it...

Please file an issue on this -- the class should be flexible enough to
allow registering custom frontends and backends.

However, please note that memcached and Zend Platform backends already
exist and would be quite suitable for such a task.

> Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:
> >
> > -- Laurent TAUPIAC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> > (on Friday, 29 June 2007, 02:35 PM +0200):
> > >
> > >     To expand on what Bill mentioned previously, the combination of
> > >     Zend_Config + Zend_Cache + Zend_Registry would accomplish the same
> > >     functionality:
> > >
> > >      * Zend_Config for the actual variable storage.
> > >      * Zend_Cache for caching to disk (or database) between requests
> > >      * Zend_Registry to make it globally available in the application
> > >
> > >     Basically, everything you need is already present.
> > >
> > > Imho, database is the best way to manage easily race condition. Disk
> > > storage
> > > will lead to problems, especially if you have many fronts.
> >
> > Zend_Cache can use either memcached or Zend Platform for backends, and
> > you can also write your own backend. The benefit to a setup like this is
> > that the developer can test locally using filesystem or sqlite, and then
> > push live without changing any code but the backend used.

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/