Hi David,

Please take a look at "Zend_Search_Lucene. Best practice. Indexing performance." documentation section - http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.search.lucene.best-practice.html#zend.search.lucene.best-practice.indexing-performance

With best regards,
   Alexander Veremyev.

David Harrison wrote:
Not directly related to your query, but did you have any problems
building an index of that size with the PHP version? My tests on large
collections (100,000 items +) has the index failing with out-of-memory
errors. I was able to fix it by setting memory_limit explicitly at the
top of the script, but I don't think we have such problems with the
java version.

On the topic - before I start having problems with memory limits and
the framework throwing exceptions, I do seem to be able to search up
to 100,000 items at fast speeds (ie, less than a second to return
results, regardless of how many results are returned).

-- dave