-- mike55 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 18 July 2007, 04:29 AM -0700):
> i tried each with config
> 'ssl'         => 'tls',
> 'port'                => 587
>

> with STREAM_CRYPTO_METHOD_SSLv2_CLIENT the error is reduced to:
> "Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0"
>
> all others TLS, v23, v3 make no difference.
> error:
> Warning: fgets() [function.fgets]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL
> Error messages: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version
> number in
> D:\adat\awebsites\ev-manager\mvc-site\lib\Zend\Mail\Protocol\Abstract.php on
> line 303
>
> Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

I'm thinking that the OpenSSL your PHP is compiled against is the issue
here, and that it doesn't understand SSL3. Do you have access to another
box where you can test, or can you try compiling PHP with a newer
openssl install?

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/