Hi,

I would like to open discussion concerning Zend_Pdf document abstraction
model.

There were a lot of requests for tables, text blocks, headers, footnotes
and other text decoration functionality in ZF mailing lists.

I am sure we should produce some abstract document model to get consistent rich text drawing API. Such model should also define internal document representation and supported or potential features.

I see XSL-FO gives a good candidate for such model.
- It's full-featured markup language.
- It's industrial standard.
- It may help to implement XSL-FO -> PDF transformation functionality as well as HTML rendering functionality (HTML -> PDF conversion).

Is there anybody who has experience in this area?
Any feedback, thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.

With best regards,
   Alexander Veremyev.