On 7/24/07, Jack Sleight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
I'm using the database to manage delete and update actions in related
tables, so do I need to tell Zend_Db_Table not to try to emulate these
for me? And if so, how?

Do you mean that you have cascading UPDATE and DELETE rules set up on the
dependent tables in your database?  If your RDBMS supports it, it is
considered a best practice to do what you are doing.  Unless you
specifically declare onUpdate and onDelete variables in your $_referenceMap,
then Zend_Db_Table will not emulate them.  For more information see
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.db.table.relationships.html#zend.db.table.relationships.cascadingin
the framework documentation.

Dillon