-- Dan Rossi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Thursday, 02 August 2007, 11:18 PM +1000):
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> > The registry is a singleton registry, and as such it is persistent for
> > the duration of the request -- but not *between* requests. Remember, PHP
> > is a shared nothing architecture.
>
> Thats what I thought, the same question came up regards to the PEAR
> Config package aswell, need a way to prevent constant xml parsing as I
> prefer to use xml for configs. Maybe implementing it into a cache ?

How big are your config files? If they're not all that large, I doubt
that it's a lot of processing time. However, yes, you can very easily
cache config objects -- see Zend_Cache for documentation on this.

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/