You should check out the Zend_View part of the ZF documentation:

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.view.scripts.html#zend.view.scripts.templates

appel wrote:
Hi,

This is my first time using Zend Framework, I've used my own framework for a
while, which has a Smarty support, and I would like to continue to use
Smarty for caching purposes, besides it's a nice template system.

I've been Googling around for guidance to adding Smarty support to my Zend
framework, but I'm really confused. I do get solutions all right, but every
single blogger and poster out there seems to have made their own solution.
So it's very hard to asses which solution is the best, there are dozens of
them, and many of them aren't even complete.

Since Smarty is such a popular template system for PHP, there must be a
proper, more official, implementation for this for Zend?

Thank you.

--
mvh
Christer Edvartsen