Hi Rohit83,

I usually use Zend_Session to keep form data between requests. I serialize the post array an keep it in an own session namespace. Additionally, I pass the form data array to the view in the controller action, so that the view does not need to know about the existence of sessions. Take a look at the sample code below.

If everyone has a better idea, I would be happy to know!

Best regards,
Ivan.

/* Display form */
public function displayformAction() {
       $this->initView();
       // Check session for form data
       $formSession = new Zend_Session_Namespace('form');
       if (isset($formSession->formData)) {
           $formData = unserialize($formSession->formData);
           $this->view->formData = $formData;
       }
       /* Render form */
}

/* Check user input */
public function checkformAction() {
         // Get POST data
       $request = $this->getRequest();
       $post = $request->getPost();

         /* Validation logic */

         /* If errors, go back to view */
         // Pass error message...
         $this->view->formData = $post;
        // Redirect

      /* If input ok */
      $formSession = new Zend_Session_Namespace('form');
      $formSession->formData = serialize($post);
      // Go to previewAction, e.g.
}

Hi All
        I have developed a form using zend framework.When i click on submit
button and id if due to validation some error message is displayed , at that
time the values entered in text box will not be retained.
        Is their any way to retain these values using zend functionality
Regard,
Rohit83

--
Loglan GmbH