Hi Garth,

No, if field values are the same then results are sorted by document
id's.

I do agree, it would be good to have possibility to sort by some field
value together with sorting by score. I've just created an issue for
this in JIRA - http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1922
I think it will be done soon.

With best regards,
   Alexander Veremyev.