From: mikespook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Pádraic Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Leo Büttiker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Zend Framework General
<fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:25:35 AM
Subject: Re: AW: [fw-general] The validation of StringLength can't be used with
Chinese

As far as I know, the Zend_Search_Lucene has already used the iconv extension.

So, I don't think using the iconv ext will be a problem for us.

在07-9-13,Pádraic Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 写道:
I don't think you can class it as a bug. The problem is that both extensions
are optional (except for Windows where iconv had to be built in) so it's
difficult to rely on them for something as common as string length validation.

Until PHP6 pops up, I'd suggest creating a subclass which substitutes
mb_strlen() and ensure ext/mbstring is available for your environment. Maybe it
could be suggested someone add an optional Zend_Validate_MultiByteStringLength
or similar which can mediate across iconv/mbstring and accept an optional
encoding parameter?

Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com

http://www.patternsforphp.com