To: "Ryan Boyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Zend Framework General" <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-general] Jira is down...

Will Master Weidner please cease and desist? ;)

Just kidding. I blame it on Gremlins you see. I watched this movie the other night and it did a good job explaining how cute cuddly creature + water + feeding after midnight may be responsible for JIRA/Wiki downtime. Hypothetically, some Zend engineer could be keeping a few furry pets in the basement below Zend's server farm. Come midnight US Pacific time (after a feeding session on any leftovers remaining in Zend's canteen), they enter a cocoon stage before emerging as green scaled creatures who commence running riot and taking out the JIRA server each night. It's remotely possible they are aware of how irritating this is (the Gremlin with the glasses seemed of above average intelligence in the movie so it seems a fair assumption) but I can't yet identify a motive. Perhaps Gremlins need no motive? May I propose Bill, Darby and Matthew put together a crack team of Gremlin exterminators? The movie suggested Gremlin + Microwave is a highly explosive method of extermination. Gremlins also appear to aggregate around flammable alcohol. A few bottles of Paddy Power in the right place...

Hypothetically, you understand...;)

Pádraic Brady
http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.patternsforphp.com