Is there a timeline for when the ZF+ZVE+ZL components are going to show up in the tree? Since, I'm currently a loyal and heavy user of the ZVE infrastructure (one facebook app and two other sites). I was curious as to when I was going to have to start thinking about managing the "bugs" that will come out of the updates...

One of the barriers to my putting ZF into my "big" site (millions of page views) is pending on ZF 1.1 since it'll have the necessary support for what I really need -- without the worries of having to do a bunch of fixes.

Thanks,
--koblas

Pádraic Brady wrote:
Hi Adam,

The way the current proposal version (which is alpha at best) works is that it requires a change to the ViewRenderer class to allow for Request substitution. Mainly this was because ViewRenderer was stuck on the original request data so much that relying on it to update view script names was difficult.

You can either add this method to ViewRenderer yourself - it's just a simple setter/getter pair and no other fancy coding. Or I think you can disable ViewRenderer for your sub-controllers and set the Response body manually.

Hope this throw some light on the subject :).

Paddy

P.S. The current code was only ever intended to support a proposal (i.e. I assumed a proposal did not require actual working code beyond a demo implementation) but so far I've heard of ZVE in use on about 5-6 projects whose team is in contact every week or so with me.

You'll be glad to hear that whatever the rough cut version's flaws are, work will progress on an official version (Layouts will be delegated to Zend_Layout instead however) in the near future which will do away with such uncertainties and support some extra edge cases. If you have any other issues feel free to contact me.

Pádraic Brady
http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.patternsforphp.com