Hi.

Set /throwExecptions/ to /false/, so Exception will automatically forward to ErrorController/errorAction. There you also can display the Exceptions not caught by the ErrorController.

Darby Felton schrieb:
Hi Mat,

You might try something like the following:

$request->setControllerName('access')
        ->setActionName('denied')
        ->setDispatched(false);

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Darby

Mathew Byrne wrote:
I'm attempting to implement a security system as a Controller plugin. On
each request the preDispatch function checks if a current user is logged
in and then checks their permissions against a list of pages they have
access to.

Is there a good method properly skip the dispatching of the action if
they do not have access? I tried throwing an Exception however if
$front->throwExceptions () is true then the exception is caught, stored
in the response object and the action is still dispatched.

Can anyone suggest a better method that does NOT allow the action to be
dispatched?

Mat Byrne