Can you show one of the exceptions?  Have you tried running the same
query from another environment, such as the mysql query tool or
phpmyadmin?  Make sure you try this using the same mysql username that
you use in your ZF app.  Also log into the mysql instance from the host
where you run your ZF apps, because it is possible for the same username
to have different permissions depending on the client host from which
you connect to mysql.

Regards,
Bill Karwin