Hello,

I have implemented Zend_Auth for admin users to login and I'm checking authentication and ACLs in a preDispatch plugin.

Now I need to authenticate a different type of user which has nothing to do with the admins and uses a totally different storage engine and auth adapter.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep these users separate and I can't seem to figure it out.

At this point I'm thinking I need a new class which extends Zend_Auth, but Zend_Auth being a singleton I'll always get back an instance of Zend_Auth. Even if I extend the class as below, "hasIdentity()" will return true if the admin has logged in under Zend_Auth:

class My_Auth_Otheruser extends Zend_Auth
{
    protected static $_instance = null;
    protected $_storage = null;

    public static function getInstance()
    {
        if (null === self::$_instance) {
            self::$_instance = new self();
        }

        return self::$_instance;

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to implement several different authentication schemes? Do I need to extend Zend_Auth for the admin and the other users and not use Zend_Auth directly?

Thanks,
Todd