Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> You may want to look at the work Simon Mundy is doing. He's adding
> support for Zend_Db_Select in Zend_Db_Table, and part of this is the
> ability to return result sets from JOINs.

This is currently not possible :(
See:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-revised-Zend-Db-Table-and-JOINs-t4737221s16154.html

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> If you do this, it should be optional. I know many situations where I
> only use the related table data in a fraction of requests to the parent
> table.

Yes, of course. This is how its also implemented.
I've added the parameter 'fetchLazy' to findDependetRowsets/findParentRow
methods.
Default it's set to true. This means, if a related record is not found in
the $_data array, the old zf methods with find... are used. If it's set to
false, the function returns (as the zf function too) null because no
relations were found.

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> Perhaps a factory that uses Zend_Registry for storage? This would
> promote re-use, and be pretty lightweight.

Yes, exactly. This should be the fastest way and we can use just the
classNames instead of the hole class reference.

Example:
Zend_Db_Table_Manger::getTable('className'): returns a classNameTable.

Zend_Db_Table_Row/Rowset->__construct(): gets just the name instead of the
class

Zend_Db_Table_Row->save():
Zend_Db_Table_Manger::getTable($this->_tableName)->update/insert/delete

A possible implementation:
http://nopaste.php-quake.net/9491 http://nopaste.php-quake.net/9491