Hey guys,

I'm having a weird issue (maybe not weird to people who know what's up
though). My users get logged out in the middle of working, and i guess it has
to be the session/cookie timeout. I've based my site on rob allen's tutorial
(although i'm still using ZF 1.0.1). When I get the auth db adapter, my code
looks like:

$authSession = new Zend_Session_Namespace('Zend_Auth');
$authSession->setExpirationSeconds( 1000000 ); // trying to make
this "forever"

// my db connection to authentication db
$dbAdapter = Core_Db_Mysqli::getInstance('r',
$this->_config->db_read->toArray());

// zend_adapter_db_table with a slightly different auth query
$authAdapter = new Core_Auth_Adapter($dbAdapter);
$authAdapter->setIdentity($username);
$authAdapter->setCredential($this->encryptPassword($passwd));

$data = $authAdapter->getResultRowObject(null, 'password');
$auth = Zend_Auth::getInstance();
$auth->getStorage()->write($data);

I think i might have a disconnect between trying to set expiration seconds,
and writing the data to the session. Logging in works correctly, and the user
stays logged in between page loads, but after a while, users get auto-logged
out. I haven't noticed a consistent time between login and logout. The
session portion of php.ini looks like:
[Session]
session.save_handler = files
session.save_path = /tmp
session.use_cookies = 1
session.name = PHPSESSID
session.auto_start = 0
session.cookie_lifetime = 0
session.cookie_path = /
session.cookie_domain = .mydomain.com
session.serialize_handler = php
session.gc_probability = 1
session.gc_divisor     = 100
session.gc_maxlifetime = 5400
session.bug_compat_42 = 1
session.bug_compat_warn = 1
session.referer_check =
session.entropy_length = 0
session.entropy_file =
session.cache_limiter = nocache
session.cache_expire = 180
session.use_trans_sid = 0

Are any of those values auto-logging me out? Is there anywhere to look to see
which of those affect session timeout? lifetime looks promising, but that
should be "forever". Garbage collection maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kabel