Your problem right now is that your views won't get
parsed as PHP, unless you add an Apache directive in
.htaccess or http.conf. The reason I see using .phtml
instead of using .php or .html is that these files
need to be interpreted by the PHP engine _while_
they're more like HTML than PHP. The choice of .phtml
is based on the fact that this is an already
registered extension for such a task. A second reason
is somewhat semantics, you quickly have a visual clue
there is HTML in that file.

"ashish.sharma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have written the
following code in my
controller's init() function and it is working fine.

$viewRenderer =
$this->_helper->getStaticHelper('viewRenderer');
$viewRenderer->setViewSuffix('html');

- Is the above code is OK, as per the best
practice/approach?
- Also, Is it safe to secure HTML pages (or any other)
instead the default
PHTML pages. I mean is it Ok if I use HTML pages
instead of PHTML.

Thanks once again ..

Andries Seutens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> phtml, stands for php html...
>
> you can modify it like so:
>
> $viewRenderer =

Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker::getStaticHelper('viewRenderer');
> $viewRenderer->setViewSuffix('html');
>
> Best,
>
> Andries Seutens
> http://andries.systray.be
>

> ashish.sharma schreef:
>> Hello ALL, It's a very basic question but I think
it will help many
>> others too. I need to know why we use .phtml files
for views .. is
>> there any specific reason for this? Also, can we
render HTML files ..
>> if So, then how? Waiting for reply .. Thanks

Release Date:
>> 16/01/2008 1:40
>>

> Gecontroleerd op virussen door de JOJO Secure
Gateway.