Hi,

it's my first message on this list and I want first thanks all the people involved into ZF devloppement for their good work. I'm beginning using the zend framework for my job now.

Using Zend_Config_XML I have got a problem with latin charset. My initial xml file is encoded in latin1, then I retrieve the datas through zend_config_xml and display it in a html page with latin1 charset declared. The accents and special characters are not display correctly. If I change the encoding for the html to utf8 then it's ok for those datas but it does not fit with the datas coming from my database. The solution i found is to convert dats from config object with utf8_decode function before each echo.

It seems that zend_config_xml convert characters to utf8 internaly.

Is there a lighter solution than utf8_decode ? i can't find the way to manage encoding within zend_config_xml

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my english

Denis.

--
Denis Fohl