Łukasz Wojciechowski wrote:
> I think that Zend_Validate_Alnum shoudn't check if string is empty or
> not. You have other validator for this (NotEmpty), therefore the
> messages are duplicating if you want to combine ie. StringLength +
> Alnum.
>
> Can I turn off emptiness checking by Alnum?

No, the emptiness check is behavior that is not configurable presently.
If it is desirable to configure this behavior, however, please feel free
to file an issue for it. We could make the behavior configurable, with
the default being to check for emptiness for backward-compatibility. Thanks!

Best regards,
Darby