Ooops... it was so easy, I found the answer two minutes after I post this
message. You have the set the charset encoding:

$pdf->pages[0]->drawText('Alcalá - España', 300, 770, 'ISO-8859-1');

The encoding defaults to the system locale, but my system's locale is
'ISO-8859-1' so I found it strange to have to put the parameter in the
method, but it works.

I hope this can help someone else.