Hi Julian,

You may want to take a look at this page, where we are doing some preliminary planning on the next major overhaul of Zend_Session, which should include clarification of expiration details:

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Zend_Session+2.0

Please feel free to comment here and/or add issues to the issue tracker where you believe there are improvements we can make.

Thanks! :)

Best regards,
Darby

Julian Davchev wrote:
Hi devs,

I am trying to figure out how Zend_Session expire works.
Basically I want to set arbitrary seconds in session config just so I see it works.

I do this in bootstrap:

//some stuff I get from config
[session]
use_only_cookies     = on
; remember_me_seconds = 864000
remember_me_seconds = 5

//at the end all options are set to zend_session.
$options_session['save_path'] = PROJECT_ROOT . '/tmp/sessions';
Zend_Session::setOptions($options_session);

Thing is when I log in, I don't get logged out in 5 seconds ( I mean I expect session to expire).

So at the end 2 things I want to achieve:
1. Set expire for some secconds on whole session, it's clear howto do per namespace from manual but not as a whole 2. On each request I refresh this expire time... so that if customer has not done any action in the expire time...he is e.g loggedout

I think these are pretty common cases yet I find this lacking in the manual.

Regards,